Scanacon Corporate Social Responsibility Policy
At Scanacon, we recognise our corporate social responsibility (CSR) to integrate our business values and operations to meet the expectations of our stakeholders. Our stakeholders encompass customers, employees, investors, suppliers, the local communities in which we operate and the environment, among others.
Scanacon recognises that our social, economic and environmental responsibilities to all our stakeholders are integral to our business and its activities. Our ambition is to demonstrate these responsibilities in the way we act and within our corporate policies.
We listen seriously to all feedback that we receive from our stakeholders and, where possible, maintain open dialogue to ensure that we fulfil our corporate social responsibilities.
We aim to be open and honest in communicating our strategies, targets, performance and governance to our stakeholders in our continual commitment to sustainable development.
Scanacon’s chief executive will make the necessary resources available to realise our corporate responsibilities. The responsibility for our performance on our CSR policy rests with all employees throughout the company.
Scanacon’s CSR focus:
• We shall support and respect the maintenance of internationally announced human rights within the sphere we can influence and ensure that we do not participate in any violation against human rights.
• We shall work with local schools, colleges and universities to assist young people in choosing their future careers, being an advocate for our industry.
• We shall support and encourage our employees to help local community organisations and activities in wherever we operate.
• We shall operate an equal opportunities policy for all present and potential future employees and will offer our employees clear and fair terms of employment and provide resources to enable their continual development.
• We shall maintain a clear and fair employee remuneration policy and shall maintain forums for employee consultation and business involvement.
• We shall provide safeguards to ensure that all employees of whatever nationality, colour, race or religious belief are treated with respect and without sexual, physical or mental harassment.
• We shall provide, and strive to maintain, a clean, healthy and safe working environment in line with applicable national regulatory Health and Safety policy and safe systems of work in those countries in which operate.
• We shall work actively against forced labour as well as child labour.
• We shall develop Environmental policies and objectives as part of the business planning cycle.
• We shall ensure a high level of business performance while upholding to the best of our ability the values of honesty, partnership and fairness in our relationships with all our stakeholders.
• Our contracts will clearly set out the agreed terms, conditions and the basis of our relationship and will operate in a way that safeguard against unfair business practices.
• We shall encourage suppliers and contractors to adopt responsible business policies and practices.
• We shall encourage sound and fair dialogue with local communities for mutual benefit.
• We will register and resolve customer complaints in accordance with our standards of service.